Skip to main content

See Something Say Something

If you hear or see something that causes you concern about the well-being or safety of a Potomac State College student or any other person affecting the PSC community (including faculty, staff, parents, spouses, family members, and persons not affiliated with the campus) and are unsure about how to intervene or address the situation, you should report it to the University Police or to the PSC Cares Team.

What Should Be Reported

Typical behaviors that should be reported include, but are not limited to:

Individuals are expected to use their judgment as to what should be reported, erring on the side of over-reporting, when in doubt.

How to Report

CALL 911 if violence is imminent or is occurring.

For non-emergencies, you can email BIT at with the following information:

(You may also contact the University Police  or you may contact the Dean of Student Experience at 304-788-6995 if danger is not imminent.)

A team member will contact you as soon as possible, but no later than the next business day, and gather additional information about your concern.

Please be aware that your communication may be subject to review through FERPA or other laws governing communications.

If your concern pertains to disrespectful or minor disruptive student behavior, please consult with your Dean/Chair or supervisor, or contact, Kara Anderson in the Student Conduct Office at 304-788-6910.